We are excited to be involved in the Apprenticeship Employer Incentive Programme which provides support for SMEs to recruit apprentices aged 16-19.
The Welsh Government funded programme, which launched on 1st August, will also help provide individuals and employers with the skills needed over the long-term and prevent skills shortages.
This is a fantastic opportunity for employers to inject some energy and enthusiasm into their organisation. Not only are the qualifications fully funded, but employers could also receive payment for taking on a new recruit.
Eligibility for the Apprenticeship Employer Incentive Programme includes:
- The programme is only available to SMEs that have not recruited an apprentice in the last 30 months or who are new to apprenticeships.
- For a maximum of three apprentices per employer, there will be support offered.
- Irrespective of the level of the apprenticeship, there will be support offered.
- To offer a £3,500 payment (per learner) for apprentices recruited during July- September and a £2,500 payment (per learner) for apprentices recruited at all other times of the year.
- After the apprentice has been employed for 8 months, the full payment will be made.
“In the last few years, we estimate that year-on-year at least five per cent of the company’s turnover has been channelled into the training and development of our highly, multi-skilled workforce, making us quite a unique entity in our field of work” – Rachel Meese- Kendall, Crime watch Alarms Ltd.
Did you know?
- 24% of vacancies are caused by a lack of skills, qualifications or experience.
- Skills gaps currently reported by 14% of employers.
(Employer Skills Survey 2015)
If you’re interested in taking part in the Apprenticeship Employer Incentive Programme, our experienced Customer Account Managers can guide you through the entire process.
For more information contact Ann Nicholas, Sales Team Manager:
Work: 01443 749010
Mobile: 07377 890419