- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of Upsa-Daisy Day Nursery and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of CSSIW and the National Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the Nursery
Adhering strictly to the Nurseries Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Keeping children safe clean and ensuring that they learn and have lots of fun.
- Communicating effectively and sensitively with children and their families.
- Caring and supervising all children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Arriving 10 minutes before your shift starts to set up room correctly and prepare activities.
- To attend relevant training courses during your six month probationary period and thereafter, for your continuous professional development and the needs of the Nursery.
- Providing a good role model for students.
- Helping new staff to settle into our nursery.
- Positive management of children’s behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Keeping and monitoring accident and incident records.
Supervision of meals and mealtimes and, where appropriate,
- Sitting with children to encourage good manners and to help develop social skills during snacks, dinner and tea times. Preparing healthy snacks and preparing babies bottles.
- Laundry duties with Supervision from Room Leader/ Nursery Manager
- Attending staff meetings, as arranged by the Nursery Manager/ Director
- Participating in regular parents’ evenings, publicity days, open weekends and children’s outings.
Full training to be provided by the Employer
EDUC8 LTD (WBL)
Enjoying your job! Being happy and positive at all times. Working professionally and successfully, as part of a team.
No Minimum Requirements
Welsh Spoken Skills: No
Welsh Written Skills: No
By Employer *** IMPORTANT INFORMATION *** ENSURE you complete your vacancy profile as fully as possible, and provide an up-to-date mobile number & email address in your application. CHECK your email inbox and Careers Wales account regularly for updates to your application. Suitable candidates will be notified of interview arrangements as appropriate
Please check that you are eligible to apply for Jobs Growth Wales before applying.
Your application will be refused if you are not eligible.