• Organising activities which develop children physically, intellectually, socially and emotionally.
• Encouraging children to care for toys and equipment and to keep themselves and their environment clean, orderly condition (i.e. children should help take out and put away toys and equipment after use and to help clear up after messy activities.
• Supervising children when putting on and taking off outdoor clothing, shoes, aprons, etc and generally supervising the dressing of very small children.
• Serving snacks and drinks and supervising the consumption of nursery meals.
• Making themselves fully aware of, and complying with, key nursery policies, procedures and risk assessments:
• Health & Safety
• First Aid
• Child protection
• Complaints Policy
• Medical Needs Policy
• Discipline & Anti-Bullying
• Equality of Opportunity Policy
Preparation and care of equipment
• Preparing the room at the beginning of each session, ready to receive the children; ensuring that tables etc are wiped down during the nursery day and that small apparatus (or toys) which can be put in the child’s mouths are hygienically cared for.
Full training to be provided by the Employer.
EDUC8 LTD (WBL)
• Any qualifications up to Level 3 CACHE Diploma or equivalent would be ideal
• Previous involvement in a similar post or within a nursery setting would be advantageous
• Ability to work as part of a close-knit staff team
• Ability to develop good relationships and communicate effectively with parents
• Ability to take initiative and make appropriate decisions
• Ability to assist with keeping appropriate records
No Minimum Requirements
Welsh Spoken Skills: No
Welsh Written Skills: No
To be arranged by the Employer
Please check that you are eligible to apply for Jobs Growth Wales before applying.
Your application will be refused if you are not eligible.