Up to £2,000 funding to recruit a disabled Apprentice
Eligibility Guidance for Recruiting a Disabled Apprentice
- Employers who recruit a disabled apprentice on 1st April 2022 or later, will be eligible to receive an employer incentive of £2,000 per learner.
- The disabled apprentice can have been employed by the employer claiming the incentive (or the maintained school or connected company) prior to being recruited onto the Apprenticeship Programme.
- Self-declaration of learner’s disability (for example: declaration of disability by apprentice on application form) is acceptable but must be identified at the point of recruitment into employment and the employer must therefore be aware of the individual’s disability prior to making the decision to recruit the disabled person.
- Other evidence could include, correspondence concerning reasonable adjustments for interview, or any other correspondence or documentation that demonstrates the employer was aware of the apprentice’s disability prior to recruitment.
- Where a learner is identified as having a disability after they have been recruited, the employer will not be eligible for the additional incentive payment.
Click here to view our Apprenticeship pathways.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(